PEOPLE TREE HOSPITALS in association with Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA), SVYASA University, Karnataka Orthopaedic Association(KOA), Indian Rheumatlogy Association, KarnatakaChapter (IRA), Bangalore Orthopaedic Society (BOS) & Karnataka State Physotherapy Federation (KSPF) presents OACON 2017, a unique conference, an Amalgamation of all major specialties coming together for dissipating Everything you wanted to know about Evidence based management of Osteoarthritis.
- For the first time All specialists treating OA are coming together on the same Platform.
- Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rheumatologists, Yoga and Naturopathy specialists, Geneticists, Interventional, Pain specialists, Physiotherapists, Ayurveda Specialists etc, joins hands to make arthritis pain free
- Evidence based presentations, debates, Panel discussions and Treatment guide lines.
- Break Out Sessions for non-total knee replacement options for osteoarthritis and complementary and alternative therapy treatment for OA
- Hands On Workshops on HTO, Unicondylar Knee, Yoga & Physiotherapy
- National & International Faculty (ref Brochure attached)
- Free Paper sessions (Award Category) & Lot more…
As we all know, although Osteoarthritis has become India’s No.1 ailment, there is very little help available for such patients apart from joint replacement surgeries for end stage arthritis. So many ‘specialists’ including Orthopaedic surgeons, Rheumatologists, Pain Consultants, Physiotherapists, Yoga therapists, Ayurvedic doctors & General Physicians etc, are providing equally ‘convincing’ treatment, leaving the patient largely confused.
No attempt had been made to bring all these specialists together on a single platform to obtain consensus until 2015, when we did a small experiment at OACON 2015. To our surprise this program was oversubscribed and specialists from all the branches shared the same stage, first time ever. All the experts presented their evidence for their treatment suggestions, which was well received by the experts in other fields and the interactions were very fruitful.
This year we will be conducting OACON 2017, in a larger scale involving International and national faculty of great repute, at Vivanta by Taj , Bengaluru on 15th Oct 2017 (Sunday).
Enthralling scientific sessions with award papers will be an added highlight this year.
TEAM OACON 2017